Friday, March 2, 2012

Jet dryer operators to wear firesuits, helmets

Jet dryer operators to wear firesuits, helmets: Jet dryer operators will wear firesuits and helmets this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway as part of a safety move following Juan Pablo Montoya's fiery crash in the Daytona 500. Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage said his track will take action as well. Jet dryer operators, whose job entails blowing debris from the track following wrecks as well as drying the racing surface, do not wear firesuits because they typically are not around fires. "My guys will [wear them] because, if nothing else, I like them and they're good guys," Gossage said. "I want firesuits and helmets for those guys. I want at least four-point [seat-belt] harnesses. I want to look at roll bars. I want to look at the right kind of fire extinguishers in the truck.(Scene Daily)(3-2-2012)

No comments: